View Single Post
Old 2013-01-09, 00:21   Link #83
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
good episode,

yet it felt like kinda forced in terms of Sorta lashing out once again at Mashiro, who sadly enough is also in unknown territory with this new feelings inside her. It wasn't pleasant the first time around, but if this keeps on repeating Sorata will end just being a jerk in my book, an annoying one at that. Yeah, I do understand all that rejection angst, being young and stuff but there are limits, especially when lashing out on an innocent party like Mashiro. It's never an excuse. So yeah maybe he should just go with Aoyama, If never grows up. He doesn't deserve someone like Mashiro. But again it feels like he was just made to that blow out thing for the plot. not very good writing if you ask me.
I had the same thought watching this - it's like the writer needed to crank out some more drama and just reset Sorata's character to do it. Sorata really needs to apologize to Mashiro, but I don't think he even realizes he needs to. Taking out his frustrations on Mashiro is just pathetic, and Aoyama is so painfully obvious it's impossible to believe anyone can be dense enough to not see she's practically throwing herself at him (although granted, not as obviously as Misaki is at Jin...)

I have to wonder what Jin was thinking this episode too - he seems to be more perceptive than Sorata, if he knows Mashiro likes Sorata and there seems to be some feelings in return there too, why give Aoyama tickets to throw a wrench in things? Shouldn't he have given them to Sorata instead, to help prod him to actually resolve the love triangle instead of making things worse?