Thread: Nanoha - Q&A
View Single Post
Old 2010-12-09, 11:51   Link #2754
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Question about Nanoha A's .. This probably has been answered but there's too many pages to go through to find the answer ... Simply put, how come Suzuka and Alisa where caught up inside the barrier, is that even possible unless you're a mage .. ? ( I've not read the manga, maybe the answer is there .. If it is, spoil me please. )
There haven't been any real clear answers that explain everything, so there are a few different theories.

#1. Arisa and Suzuka are latent mages and thus were included; perhaps there was a plan to follow up on this, but then StrikerS happened

#2. When Shamal cast the barrier upon seeing the four enter Hayate's room, she tweaked it to include Arisa and Suzuka. She didn't want Nanoha or Fate to escape or contact anyone else, and so the other two were just collateral.

#3. On some level, perhaps Reinforce held some blame for Arisa and Suzuka, or wanted them around when she cut everyone else off.

Quote:
Also how do the barriers exactly even work ? I mean we've had citywide barriers and there are no civilians around so what .. has the time frozen or something ? And when the barrier is dispelled, everything continues as normally ? I could believe this except that what about the damages caused inside the barriers.. those carry over right, wouldn't it be weird if buildings just exploded in front of you for no reason etc x.x.
Technically speaking, the barriers shift a predetermined space slightly off from normal space. Other than that, it's difficult to say exactly how they work. Damage in the space probably returns to normal space (see episode 1), and the caster seems to have the capability to exclude or include things (most barriers cast eliminate normal civilians and objects, just taking the landscape and mages). I think you can repair the damage before the barrier ends, which is what Lindy's crew was doing when Nanoha was fighting Reinforce.

Other people can probably pull up some other information, but that's the best I got.