Thread: Licensed Tears to Tiara (TV anime)
View Single Post
Old 2009-04-07, 20:26   Link #129
itisjustme

Just seen the first episode. Um... I liked the art and designs, very clean. Animation was decent, they took shortcuts for fights but then again I wasn't expecting I.G. fighting sequences so. First half was rather low energy for what it was, but the directing in the second half added good dramatic intensity.

Now the bad: the dialogue, ugh. I'm guessing it'll never reach poetic heights but come on, I hate it when they use unrealistic dialogue for sole expository purposes. "Oh you're the oracle priestess of blah, you are the successor of blah, you have the blood of blah elf king, blah blah blah, oh and by the way two centuries ago the demon king yada yada yada" Seriously, does she looks like she needs to be told who she is? Speaking of which, exposition in the first ten minutes? Double ugh.

I'll be following this though if they inject some life in the dialogue, if only because I like the fantasy genre, even if stereotypical. Hopefully the plot and characterization will be up to scratch.

Does anyone have a clue how long this will be by the way? A bit wary of all the 13 episodes (or less, coughmuntocough) money making stuff with not enough substance now.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote