View Single Post
Old 2011-07-21, 15:33   Link #23319
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Of course, but remember that Lion's world was supposed to be one in which nothing bad happened. Moreover, Will's sole purpose there was to ask questions get answers, and then answer Bern's question. There was nothing for him to try to prevent.
Not according to Bern. And as he demonstrates, Will takes things into his own hands and tries to change events once he realizes they're not to his liking. What if Battler prompted him to act much earlier?

Quote:
There's as much of an excuse for Battler to be absent as for the rest. The fact of the matter is, in ever single one of the games up until EP7, Battler had been listed as appearing in the story. Yet, for some reason, he wasn't in that mashed-up world and he was the only one who was absent. Why? There must be a factor for him not to show up in this world, yet him showing up in all the others. I mean, I don't know, this is how I see this.
Battler is effectively off the family's register, and his deciding to come on 1986 is a Special Event. It's a matter of simply not having it happen. That's not going to work for Maria, Rosa, Jessica, George, Natsuhi, Eva, Rudolf, Kyrie....

Quote:
Sure, that helped him a lot in EP6 and EP8. It also allowed him to prevent the game Bern started in EP7, which he was, of course, fully aware of.
EP8 pretty much confirms that EP6 was Battler pulling off a master plan, so yes it did. And EP8 had this whole thing with him basically putting everything up to Ange to decide, so it's not the same as any other scenario. Otherwise, Battler can effectively do anything he wants since he's the avatar of the guy writing everything that's happening.