View Single Post
Old 2012-02-09, 18:23   Link #113
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I think it's more or less a running joke... it's pretty obvious that having hinata be a stalker is not kishi's intent with her character. she's just in love with him and thinks about him all the time. the weirdness stems from her shyness.

Like Fukitsu Naruto said, I think the only real option for a naruto relationship so far would be Karui. I don't think about character relationships much since they really aren't much of the story, but naruto and karui would be a great pair and would symbolize a couple different types of unity between ninja, both racial and inter-village which naruto is all about. not that race has ever really played a part in the story, aside form bee being a rapper... if they were to get married it would be similar to the king of france marrying the princess of another country like has been done so many times in history to 'hopefully' unite people and countries.

edit: just something weird I'd like to point out. but the arm that tobi thought may have been sweating was his right arm, which we saw in his fight with fuu and torune to be a fake made out of creamcheese or something like that... now we see it looks like skin and could possibly be sweating? maybe an allusion to tobi switching bodies recently or doing something at least to make himself more whole. or just to be chalked up to the raikage having his arm back for a page and then having it disappear again, namely kishi forgetting what he wrote. anyway, possible food for thought
Karui is just a minor side character who might as well be nameless. If a diplomatic marriage was to be made to make a difference it'd have to be with the sexy Mizukage, it's obvious she wants a man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
The real denial come from the people who still believe there are any meaninfull relationship development in this story beside Naruto and Sasuke.
Hinata and Sakura weren't important at all in this chapter, they -along with the others rookies and ninja Alliance- were once again the mean to an end : displaying the difference between Sasuke and Naruto.
Here the author used them and their footprints on the ground to show once again the difference between those two : Naruto's path of love with countless friends running to his help toward the sun in comparison to Sasuke's path of hatred walking alone under the rain turning his back to sun.

This was the sole message of this chapter along with Tobi being troubled by something he cannot understand : the "true power" RS talked about instead of just sheer physical power (which if anything is also part of the same message Kishimoto is hammering with a brick for so many years).

Sure but since Sasuke doesn't honor Itachi's wishes at all that's completely irrelevant. Konoha ordered the murder of his entire family and clan and made his brother do the deed, take the blame and live a miserable life afterward and so he hates them so much he wants to kill them all. That's not very nice but I fail to see how it's complicated.
Aye, glad to see another who acknowledges that the only "real" relationship development in the series is Sasuke and Naruto. Kishi just sprinkles little hints and developments of other characters throughout the series. But, the main focus is those two.

Sakura is the second (even if it's not much) most developed character due to her unique position. Sakura's love for Sasuke is very important, as much as people like to think it's bad for her, it's not. I have no doubt in my mind that her love for him is going to play a role in Sasuke's "rehabilitation". Since Naruto's love can only be platonic of course , the love of a woman can change a man. Although Naruto is the major lynch pin for Sasuke's change of course.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote