View Single Post
Old 2006-05-31, 17:00   Link #285
Slayerx

Let me start by saying... the english dubbed is highly shunned by those who watch the sub; far more so then anyother anime because the 4kids onepiece is the worst english dub/edit ever...

and some of the reasons why are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climhazard
- Is it unedited? (as in is there blood and more adult language)
Ofcourse, the japanese sub is uncut

Quote:
- The thing i love about the english version of one piece are the voices which i think suit the characters great and make the programme funny (which is one of the reasons i like it) but does the japanese version come off as more serious?
The english voices are horrible
enamples: Chopper's voice makes my ears bleed, and Sanji's voice doesn't work at all

Quote:
- How many episodes are there all together in the japanese version?
The japanese version is up to about 260, and still going strong with no sign of ending

Quote:
- Have any episodes or scenes been cut in the english version?
I'm not certain but the english version has cut out atleast 30 or so episodes and the episodes cut are not all filler arcs... for example, Part of when the first entered the grandline and the entire little garden arc was cut out

Quote:
- Any other info or tip bits you have for me are greatly appreciated
The english 4kids one piece is HEAVILY edited...

examples:
captain Chaser's real name is Smoker, and as his name implies he smokes two cigars
Sanji doesn't suck on a lolipop, he smokes
Zolo's name is actually Zoro (forum members hate when you call him Zolo)
Trace's name is actually Ace (no idea why they changed his name)
When the strawhats first entered the grandline, they ran into a Whale not an Iceberg
Mihawk fought Zoro with a small knife NOT a stub
Zoro's past with kunia is much more tragic then 4kids makes it out to be

Oi... there are way too many edits to count... -.-

[EDIT]
Quote:
There's one version of dub that has Zoro and Ussop's voice correct but no one else, I think thats the best out there and it has very little editing.
heh... never rknew there was another english dub on TV... the crap shit 4kids version on fox and cartoon network is the only one i was i'm aware of
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote