View Single Post
Old 2011-11-18, 16:16   Link #2437
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
But much as I am enjoying the show, I still am not impressed with Yoshino Hiroyuki as a writer. Give me Okada Mari any time, lol. Yoshino did Mai-HiME and My-Otome, neither of which I liked. He was closely involved in Code Geass, which I didn't like. He did Sora no Woto, which failed its cast, for me. And he did Dance in the Vampire Bund, which I loved, but mainly for the things that were not Yoshino's department.

The two shows he did which I have no problem with were Macross F and Denpateki na Kanojo, which was good, especially the first episode, and especially for the work of the VAs.
I liked Mai HiME and Mai Otome. Actually joined the forum because of them. Liked Code Geass (both seasons), Sora no Woto was nice and refreshing light hearted show too (people are too spoiled with over the top shows like flying-pantsu witches). Didn't like Dance in the Vampire Bund, dropped it early on. Macross uhm no, droped it too. Denpateki na Kanojo sounds familiar but doesn't come to mind; definetly didn't watch it though.

He must be trying something new I guess, since all the other series had pretty standard likeable characters. That said nobody is infalible; whichever way you want to take it. You can think of it as him "failing to disapoint you" since you liked it, that way you don't tarnish his perfect record you have for him just kidding