View Single Post
Old 2012-07-08, 14:02   Link #65
csuree
The Most Hated™

wow that is good news i think...i wonder if i put in an effort lo learn japanese like 2-3 hours a week + watching anime all the time can an amateur learn to read decently?

i want to learn japanese, but i find it a bit hard to learn the writing, speaking seems much easier, but i read that in japan the learn to read / write for like until the end of high school.
and this saps me of my confidence ( i wanna learn it like fast).

with english i also started with cartoons when I was little then moved to documentaries, and movies after that. i'm still not perfect in English, but i have the Cambridge certificate in advanced English so far so i'm not that bad

with Japanese i wouldn't call my self a full hard amateur cuz around 1 year ago i started off with anime real hard.. like 5-6 shows / anime season.
an i counted it now for the summer season i have 11 shows that i follow so i might make some improvement. as for reading i have a long way to go....

i am also thinking of reading LN's in japanese that is why i want to learn it as fast (and as good as i can)