View Single Post
Old 2012-09-02, 06:43   Link #190
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
My point is that the nature of certain shows where pranking is acceptable, that one is willing to accept the risk of such. However, this isn't one of them; the degree of this prank is beyond that of throwing a pie in someone's face.
And I disagree with that. As I said, I see this as part of the entertainment industry as a whole, so the risk is inherent with the job, which is also the viewpoint taken by the victim himself.

Quote:
Perhaps a director with professionalism and integrity.

And yes, the internet has blown it out of proportion. Perhaps whoever thought of this should have considered the nature of the internet.
The issue is not about ideals of professionalism or integrity. The issue goes down to what I said earlier about there being too many aspiring actors and limited spotlight, or in the case of the anime industry, limited positions available. Given that the the victim is a B-lister, the explosion of this incident will only serve as a black mark on him, and gives little reason for him to be hired when there's hundreds, even thousands of other B-list VAs waiting in line.