View Single Post
Old 2013-01-19, 05:12   Link #25
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
It's been a long trend that I feel that Key undermines itself by excessively relying on magical elements. Sure it's not Key without magic but in this case I think that their tendencies of taking analogies way too literally stunted the growth of this story as well as the fact that the arc was way too short for my own liking.

It just feels too condensed. So I do get the main point that Mio really doesn't want to be herself and doesn't mind if her counterpart takes over. But of course, perhaps the very fact that she's still here means that maybe there is something left to go for.

On the good side, it's nice to know that the whole theme of sticking up for each other really helps and I guess that sorta build up with Riki and Kyousuke being totally bros helps the whole thing.

I also liked the part how Midori was challenging Riki's memory. It was pretty screwed up in a calculated fashion, as if Mio had used her abilities for evil or something. But as fragile as these memories are and even if they hold meaning for only one person, it's one person that all it takes and one to make it matter.

As a side note, she had longer hair when she was young. Maybe grow it back?

I'm giving this an 8/10 just because I like character therapy sessions. But unfortunately I must say I am disappointed and until Yuiko comes along, I think that's it for me and this show for now. I'm not going to abandon it, but I'm not going to follow it as actively.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews