View Single Post
Old 2013-02-17, 04:30   Link #35
Rosalena
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

After last week's excellent episode this week's was a little disappointing. That's only to be expected though. I don't think I would have been able to handle it if I had to hold my breath for another 24 minutes

Usually I watch an episode, process what happens, and move on with my business. Every so often I'll feel a thrill or a tug on my heart strings, but those instances are few and far between. I don't think I've ever watched an anime and truly felt what the characters were experiencing until this week. I found myself responding to their terror in a way that was somewhat unnerving. I couldn't help but imagine what it would be like to be in their place, absolutely terrified and hoping beyond hope that it will just be over.

I'm easily moved by beautiful animation, but this show was created in "Land of Very Tight Budgets" (as kuromitsu excellently put it) so I can't say that this show has that going for it. What it does have, however, is a cast of superb voice actors/actresses. I have them to thank for making me experience Saki and Satoru's terror and despair this week. Well done, everyone, well done!

I cannot wait for next week!

Edit: I forgot something. Satoru and Saki both mention Shun during their boat ride. Saki specifically says that she doesn't want to die without remembering his name. They're both adults so what has kept them from actively seeking out that information before now? From what we've been shown Saki is already being singled out by important members of for her opinion/advice/etc. so I don't quite understand why she hasn't asked anyone (*cough*Tomiko*cough*) yet.