View Single Post
Old 2013-02-26, 00:56   Link #450
YF19EX

I by nature love the futuristic look of bullpups. But there is no undeniable doubt about its compactness while maintaining full length barrel is a key its success. They do balance better than a conventional rifle with most of the weight being at the shoulder since it contains most of the action. I have an MSAR-556 (AUG Clone) and its a great shooter. Still meets OAL as required in my state but its shorter (in handling and size) than my LMT M4 with a 16" barrel with the stock collapsed.

But there are draw backs to certain bullpup designs. Most bullpups put the ejection on the opposite side of the action. But it is normally level with your face. If you had to try to shoot with the opposing shoulder, you are more than likely going to get brass in the face. Certain bullpups like the FS2000, Keltec RFB, PS90/P90 tend to overcome these items because they eject forward in the cases of the FS2000, FRB or downward like the PS90s. I could go on, but needless to say the initial drawbacks have all but been eliminated or mitigated either by design or new style weapon manipulation skills specific to bullpup guns.

Here is MAC Youtube introduction into that specific rifle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEY1X...6YliUQ&index=1

I'm hoping to get my hands on that particular TAVOR before all this legislation comes to pass..
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote