View Single Post
Old 2010-09-07, 11:17   Link #1092
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Grr...I've lost for the past three days. Yesterday's loss was a retarded bug where the game wouldn't recognize a dual pon wait so I couldn't Riichi and gain the benefit of the uradora I placed.

Today's was bad play, I admit it and accept it. In the final round, I had two Hatsu in hand, with the Hatsu as Dora. I had one Haku and one Chun, and three sets of incomplete melds. I used Caterpillar to draw a tile to complete one meld, created two new Haku and replaced the Chun as the uradora. Then I drew another Chun, and placed it as the second uradora, then created a new Haku and declared a hidden Kan. After that I got caught and couldn't draw the necessary tile (Ii Shan Ten: 3-4 Man, 6-7 Sou, w25m, w58s) to go into Riichi. I drew it far later, after passing up two Hatsu calls, but my opponent won with a Tan Yao before a winning tile flowed out.

What I should have done was take back the two Chun I set as uradora and waited for someone to discard the two, completely disregarding one of the melds (retrospect it was the 3-4 Man, but either would have worked for fast DSG tenpai). Then I played another game and was also blocked by a fairly cheap win.

Bad luck two days ago, stupid luck yesterday, stupid play today.
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote