View Single Post
Old 2012-05-08, 14:39   Link #279
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

I'm actually no longer arguing about the Excalibur thing. As mentioned before, he was just reproducing a power with similar effect to Excalibur, one that holds the same concept.

And about tracing, what I meant is to replicate a sword perfectly, Shirou cannot help but need every single detail about the weapon's life and not just's its blueprint. It's of course possible to make a poor fake just basing on that, but the more he learns about the sword's life - the one that wielded it, the other weapons it has crossed against, etc etc - the closer to perfection it gets.

But Avalon is obviously a NP of such standard that it could not be compared to even at Ea's level. The sheath itself was merely a symbol; what's most important is the concept it represented, and that means that the NP itself is something infinitely close to spiritual/conceptual than physical things such as materials, etc. Of course I am not denying that having Avalon in his body for so long has skyrocketed his Tracing of it, what you said is absolutely correct. But if I remember correctly, it was mentioned that, when Saber and Shirou both used Avalon together, they are not actually using two different Avalon, but two symbols of existence of the same Avalon. Hence that it why the Avalon Shirou traced is not only the best replication he has ever made, we can even say that he has reproduced Avalon perfectly.