View Single Post
Old 2010-06-05, 03:30   Link #3802
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Excessive kindness usually means that someone wants something from you. You are all too naive.
If I were to take this personally, I'd be pretty upset now. I guess it's meant as a half-joke, isn't it? Some people use this to make tools of people, but some != everyone. And it's not about excessive kindness, rather a stable one...one that is offered no matter who you talk to (unless that certain person is a real prick), as pointed out below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I guess I should have explained a bit better. By being too nice they mean that I almost always give people the benefit of the doubt even in serious situations, that I'm willing to be more accommodating than the usual person, that I always try to treat people with civility even in the more hostile of situations and that I tend to have neutral stance on arguments to try and get both sides to calm down.

Not to the extent of course of letting people walk all over me as I learned that the hard way a long time ago. I'm guessing their point is that I lack a bit of... assertion and aggression, so to speak.
Our similarity is almost scary...including the whole second paragraph, sadly enough. But it's nice to know someone else aspires to similar "ways of life" or however I could call it, so that it doesn't sound corny.

Anyway, the big question is; do you like being yourself that you are now, or would you rather change your personality (or imitate this change) to look better in front of your friends? I know I couldn't and I made my friends realize that, even though it took quite a few years.

Simply don't think of it as a problem, since it isn't one. It's just a different human nature that's harder to understand nowadays.