View Single Post
Old 2012-12-10, 01:53   Link #794
Rainrir
Tin Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
I also got it right that this war was planned / or in favor of Al - Sarmen since it was Mogamett actively cut his tie with Al - sarmen first. He has a different goal and now he doesn't want to help the organization - No wonder Al-sarmen want his country to fall into despair.
As I expected, they are not currently allied to each other, which explains Kou's current actions somewhat. Ironic that Isnan helped Morganett, but also took in Dunya. Dudes have no principles man! They just want to watch the world burn. Interesting how Isnan used the same line the Arms Merchant used on Kassim ("If you have the will for revolution..etc etc etc"). They also gave us the explaination for outside Goi having magical weapons. If the Holy Mother's gear is "inferior goods", I wonder what other weapons they have...

Crown (? I am assuming) Prince looks like he would be a massive Jobber, I really doubt he would be a good fighter. However, his Djinn probably has some sneaky power (like Sinbad's Compelling Voice). As far as I can see the only two serious Metal Vessel combatants are the General and Mu, the Crown Prince is probably support. The General probably is a stern old guy like all those "Old General" stereotypes, while Mu is Mu...so yeah. The other serious threat is the Fanalis army.

It seems Titus is more afraid of the 3 metal vessel users than the Fanalis Army. Which makes sense, if any one of them can do what Kougyoku could do with her Extreme Magic, then 3 of them can probably flatten a medium sized nation just by casting one spell. As for the Fanalis army, I do know that Mursur + Metal Vessel cannot break the shield around the Banker/Arms Dealer Entity. Mursur unbuffed didn't scratch Judal's barrier, and Morgiana...well she didn't do too well against Gravity Magic that Kassim used on her (which doesn't seem that difficult for the Magicians to do). I think the Fanalis versus a High Tier magician might not be as one sided as it seems...

UNLESS all those Fanalis also have Household Vessels, which is a crapshoot since some Djinns are picky on granting Household Vessels while others are...well...they get "pregnant" easily. For example, Hakuryu's Fungi followers...I mean Hakuryu's a loner, but I can't see Zagan being pleased easily to grant household vessels to other humans. Sinbad has +10 for Charisma, but it seems Sindaria only has 7 metal vessel users. On the other hand, Paimon is pretty indiscriminate when it comes to getting err...knocked up. It is hard to tell where Barbartos lie in the "birth-o-meter".

Anyway, here's the Ars Goetia wikipedia entries for the 3 new Djinns. Probably has no real bearing on what powers the Djinn in the manga would have, but it is fun to look at anyway.

Mu: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbatos
Old General Dude: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purson
Crown Prince: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shax#Marquis_Shax

Last edited by Rainrir; 2012-12-10 at 05:13.
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote