View Single Post
Old 2004-07-15, 13:06   Link #51
bubblehead

Send a message via Yahoo to bubblehead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akichan
Aside from that, I'm looking for good deals on anime (I live in Canada) because of the HIGH cost around here. (Ouch, my two .hack//SIGN dvds cost me $50 apiece) I was wondering about maybe box sets of series' like Fruits Basket.

I saw somewhere on the forum someone was saying ADV DVD's are around $17 (You LUCKY people! Saiyuki has cost me $30 + the 15% tax for each DVD).
$50? You mean in Canadian dollars? That's less than $50 American, but still a lot for one DVD. Try http://www.dvdsoon.com/. They're located in Canada, and their prices vary. Many anime DVDs are $41 canadian, still a bit much, but a few are about $26 canadian (according to a currency converter I'm looking at now, that's a little less than $20 U.S., which is a good deal). I haven't ordered from them myself, but according to someone from the U.K. who recommended them, they're good. And unlike the sellers located in the U.S., you won't have issues with customs nor with them not being able to ship to you in Canada.

...and hey, if people are getting legit ADV DVDs for $17 U.S., then I want to know where. That's a little less than I've seen for most DVDs anywhere on the net.
bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote