View Single Post
Old 2012-11-22, 10:08   Link #99
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think you (and other game players making a similar complaint) need to simmer down a bit on this point. Do you really, really think that all of the people involved with this anime's production (including the people from Key collaborating with the lead writer, who paid careful attention to the game's story and script) don't understand what they're doing or the nature of the story they're adapting? That they didn't carefully think through the implication of the way they're telling the story and how that would work out in the end?

Key said from the get-go that the way they figured out how to handle this adaptation required a compromise between people who understand the secret of the world and those who don't, and that they had figured out how to make an anime adaptation work.
This is the thing... This so called compromise seems too extreme to me. For all the crap that happens in the end to make sense, a proper narrative is necessary. The only way I can see this change making sense throughout the final arc is if they have decided to drastically change how it is played out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
I have yet to understand most of the complaints. People talk about lack of animation or poor animation quality (the animation looks fine to me) or about how the flow of the scenes is unnatural or how the gags are not funny.
Whatever complaints you're seeing about animation or art style is the extreme minority. I personally only notice one or two at best about that per week. So I really don't understand why there are so many counter complaints about it.

About the flow, I'm just going to stop talking about it among anime only viewers since most/all of them don't really know where me or others are coming from.

But do you seriously find most of the gags funny? Sure there are a few nice ones here and there, but I find most of them flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
It's odd that anime-only viewers think that the animation is the main complaint of the people who have read the VN, eventhough i didn't bother reading every thread I actually thought that the pacing and the left out or changed story elements (especially the ones related to Riki and Rin) are the bigger problems.
Which is what I've been trying to say... (without being as specific as you).

This makes me wonder about what people look for first.
Do people that look for animation and art style notice complaints about those things more?
Also, do people that look for a proper narrative notice complaints and concerns about those things more?
I think people are just focusing in on what they're most interested in and getting annoyed by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
It actually is an interesting hint : could it be that they intend to diffuse all the early routes, and construct them as "friendship", "Platonic" routes, while the later routes would be more romantic focus? If this is truly the Haruka route (as opposed to a continuation of the common route after a Komari Route interlude) , could it be that once again, the next few episodes would touch on the theme of Friendship, in another way? Will they assemble all the cast before going onto the specific routes, or will they clear the easiest routes that can be converted or presented from a platonic angle of friendship instead, before the full cast is assembled?
Isn't this the standard for any VN adaption? Make all other girls friends and usually the canon one goes last. I see no reason to think about it since it's pretty obvious, unless they decide to do some radical change...
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote