Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular (WATAMOTE)
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-20, 08:18   Link #1
Utsuro no Hako

It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular (WATAMOTE)

Announcement

Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui
AKA WataMote
AKA No Matter How You Look at It, My Lack of Popularity Is Your Fault
AKA It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular
AKA Loser Girl
AKA That Manga People on /a/ Love Because the Protagonist Is Just Like Them

Original Creator: Nico Tanigawa

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

PLOT
Tomoko Kuroki is proud of all she's accomplished in middle school. Over the last three years she's managed to make one friend, talk to guys on no less than six occasions, and once she even picked up a pencil somebody dropped. With social skills like these, she's sure she has what it takes to become super-popular in high school, just like the characters in all her favorite anime and otome games.

...But two months into her high school career Tomoko is faced by the harsh reality -- not only hasn't she made any friends, she hasn't even talked to anyone outside her family since the first day of class. Well, if people won't recognize her inherent awesomeness on their own, she'll just have to show them how cool she is.

So basically if you take Kimi ni Todoke, give Sawako the personality of Satou from Welcome to the NHK, get rid of Kazehaya, Yano, Yoshida and anyone else who was ever nice to her, and turn the whole thing into a black comedy along the lines of the original British version of The Office ... okay, it's nothing like Kimi ni Todoke.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote