View Single Post
Old 2008-01-13, 09:54   Link #84
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

This. Is. Awesome.

I'm not in despair anymore.

First part was great. Itoshiki, pyramid scheme con-man, misunderstood guy, action hero, girls' high teacher by accident. Has a problem with girls and lotuses.

Then it's business as usual and normal girl finally gets her own segment. Great fun and absolutely creepy at certain parts (Kafuka...what the hell is she!?).

The OP is in the same style as the much-loved "Bure Bure Bure Bure," while the ED is just plain snazzy with awesome shoujo emo art.

And finally, what's all this talk about retconning? I've seen the DVD special and it feels to me more like a recap/reintroduction and showing some sides of the story not seen before (anal retentive girl's viewpoint on how she got to share Zetsubou Sensei's bed) and that's it. According to this thread it's just a minor time discontinuity or two... I guess I'm a n00b, but that doesn't seem like a problem to me! And if it was, well, SHAFT handled it well enough that I, who have no access to the source material, doesn't feel discontinued in the least.

The part where they introduced Nami was made to seem like a flashback, which I think is the best way they handled it really.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote