View Single Post
Old 2009-09-27, 11:34   Link #61
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Which was crap.
I disagree, I found it a great scene that showed Alicia was fully willing to sacrifice herself to protect her loved ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Just like how she can go all Valkyria without the lance and shield.
Going Valkyrie without a spear and shield is something they also could in the game, as shown in signs of awakening. They're just nowhere near as powerful. And neither was Alicia in this fight, she was faster and stronger, but nowhere near as fast and strong as she was while wielding her weapons.

Valkyrie powers have always been innate. Ragnite is just a booster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
The problem I am having is, the detonation is not some sort of a fail-safe device. It can be stopped by Alicia if she wanted to. It took a lot of determination for Sel to go through that process, while she had many opportunities to simply stop.
True, and she did stop it. The problem is she initially didn't know how (which, really, is more a flaw in the game than it was in the anime. Just how did Alicia know how to use that power? Much less stop it? At least the anime makes it more believable for her to use something she has never seen before, because she saw it used right before her eyes). But sheer willpower and the desire to live made find a way. Love conquers all and stuff.

Quote:
Never mind that actually frying Max's system does not require a Valkyria to go all out. A fraction of her power would have been more than enough.
Debatable, and without a source possibly inaccurate as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalia View Post
THe only thing that I will add is this. Rosie should have ended up with Zaka. THE END :lol:
Which she did.

Quote:
My thoughts exactly, what the hell is with this? He was more comedy than actually useful. Not that I did not enjoy his comedic moments, but that is just... not him.
Useful for battles? No. Useful for character development? Yes.