View Single Post
Old 2008-05-20, 08:51   Link #88
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Better to run it by them before you set it in stone, than to post it and have them start shooting. Hell, my favorite piece of advice, for anyone, is to run a preliminary of any idea past someone else first. That second opinion can make all the difference in the world.
That's what I've been trying to do on IRC these days. Steel Mage? Got it approved as a rare skill. Ice + Water combo? Got it approved. Nerfing Vivio's Saint's Armor? Asked for ideas and I got plenty of them.

Quote:
*blink* Uhm... what? Oh, wait, this is another character that is for private use, isn't it? Because... you know... Nanoha and Fate aren't like that canonically.
If we were to go strictly by canon around here, half the stuff on this board wouldn't exist. And NxF is as good as canon so far as I care.

Quote:
Because that's how the TSAB works, Ghaz.
*Evil smirk*

Thought so.

Quote:
And Shadow attacks? Too much Hollow/Ataraxia for me already, but I'll let that pass me a bit. Just a bit.
....not Hollow/Atraxia.... Kingdom Hearts. Shadows = Nanohaverse Heartless.

Details will be forthcoming.

Quote:
But I MUST admit to you, the Fate/Hollow-Ataraxia refs are getting to me, staved off by my earlier promise.
Hey, I looked for mythic European spears and all I could find was Gae Bolg (too obvious, he's a enough of a Lancer knock-off as it is) or Gungnir, which something like three other people have already used.

Quote:
I wonder what the HELL is the use of his Telekinesis, then, if he can't throw people around.
The problem with throwing people around is that if you can use telekinesis freely on human beings, what's stopping you from getting their heart in a TK grip and crushing it into pulp?

*Uses Force Choke on Xena*

See my point? TK has the potential to be extremely haxxed if done wrong, so I limited it to non-magically protected objects and people.

Quote:
Good Lord, Comart, where are your laws of aerodynamics? Do a lil' science homework before you tell me (or anyone else) that a bulbous shape reduces drag, thank you very much.
The point isn't the shape of the spell, it's the magic involved. The bubble is essentially diverting all the air around Xiro before it makes contact with him and creates drag.

Quote:
Doesn't everybody have to do that?
I don't recall Chrono having to maintain his focus on the Lieze twins in A's; he just cast it and BAM! Instant Shibari. Xiro on the other hand has to maintain a constant focus to keep his target immobilized, and by "constant focus" I mean "has to stand still with hand outstretched, rune still formed, and no other spells being cast".

Quote:
Oh, Aurion! Someone loves your skill so much he copped it.
Oi, Sky Waltz came from Zero way back when, not from someone else's OC!

Quote:
Wait-a-minute. Isn't the Knight's Garb unique to the Wolkies?!
Their designs, yes, but the general concept of sacrificing armor for speed? I doubt it.

Quote:
Xiro: Pika-Pikaaaaaaaa-

-CHUUUUU!!!!!!!!!
I knew someone was going to spot that, just knew it.

Quote:
WTFreaking hell?!

Since when was a buzzsaw a SICKLE?!
In my defense I was running out of cool wind-based names to give to my spells.

Quote:
And you say his Telekinesis is so weak that it is able to control six such huge roils of energy...but not penetrate a autoguard or a BJ.
Not weak, it's just that magical defenses screw up his control and make it really hard to use TK on them directly.

Xena, were you present for the dehaxxing of Iris's reality marble, Winter Wasteland? I specifically limited that spell to ensure that she couldn't form her ice attacks inside and/or through her enemy, thus negating the possibility of instant unavoidable kills. Same logic applies here.

Quote:
If you wanna port, then say you wanna port. SaintX says it, Shou says it, and I don't mind, since I already know, and I don't really care.

Don't try to hide porting under OCing.
Alright, if Xiro really rubs everyone the wrong way so much I'll take him back to the drawing board and turn him into a swordsman or something.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote