View Single Post
Old 2009-02-11, 14:49   Link #300
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
That fight struck me as kind of lame. It's like they just threw him in to giev a reason to use the Gear system in the movie. Luffy even used Giant Pistol on Wapol. I was personally disappointed in that change. I loved that moment when he used Gumu Gumu no Bazooka.
You can see the red jacket that Luffy starts the movie with in that clip, but instead of the sleeve he uses the whole thing.
To each his own, I thought the layout of it was excellent myself. A little pointless, but "mindless" and "violence" are often hand-in-hand statements.

Quote:
I've been thinking about something recently while I'm reading these latest chapters of One Piece and Naruto. With the way things seem to be going, does anyone else think that Naruto will end long before One Piece? The Straw Hat crew is only half way through the Grand Line. In Naruto things are just going so wild so fast it's hard to imagine that story is only half way.
My good friend Otseis summed this up nicely: "the one thing that gives One Piece a bit more than Naruto is that Oda actually enjoys working on it."

When Oda does a chapter, you can tell that he's having a ball just doing random shit left and right. I honestly think Kishimoto's not had so much fun writing Naruto as he has in the last few chapters, he's really flipped the "Saiyan-Switch" as it were.

It seems to me that Kishi's trying to wrap this up quickly to move on, maybe he's come up with a better idea? I had another theory that it may be leading up to another series set during Naruto's reign as the Hokage only with a different cast of front characters.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote