Thread: Licensed Toriko
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-10, 09:23   Link #277
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
This was truly a great chapter. We get more updates on the Bishokukai (more Tommy is always a good thing in my book ), we learn more about the world's top cooks (I'm particularly interested in that ramen master guy), and we even get some insight to Komatsu's past. I do wonder when we'll see that "Ume-chan" that he mentioned this chapter.....?

BTW, this chapter also reinforces my belief that Zebra will make that baby nitro at the prison his partner. Notice how the bad guys mention that the evolved versions of the creatures can produce hypnotic pheromones..... which we should all know by now will have no effect on Zebra. That, and I still feel that a baby nitro would be easier to handle than the adults.

Oh, and the reveal of all these top-level chefs once again reminds me how the quantity of powerful "good" guys seem to outnumber the amount of villains. So unless it turns out the Bishokukai has allied themselves with an entire army of nitro or something, the power balance in this series still seems waaaay out of whack, IMO......
The numbers don't seem to be on the side of the "good" guys. Mainly because the "good" guys are not an army or organisation. If anything, the "good" guys are outnumbered by the "bad" guys because they can always coordinate and send 2 or 3 strong ones to kill/ capture a "good" one while it would be hard for the "good" ones to do so other than the biotopes. And even then, they would have to attack the main bases and I seriously doubt they have enough strong "good" guys to commit to such an attack without losing other things.

Based on just this chapter alone, we see 3 super-powered "bad" guys at the base just lounging around. The weakest of the 3 is probably tommyrod who is as strong as Toriko. Taking into account the GT robots that are probably now just slightly weaker or as strong as the current Toriko, they have a much better force.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote