View Single Post
Old 2008-06-15, 22:00   Link #1225
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
Oh my, such a long post to my questions. Interesting.

1. If there is not a topic, that would explain part of the reason behind my confusion. I would recommend a topic be made, and we figure out some sort of problem. Or, perhaps just live out day to day lives. I'll need to finish Striker before I can say whether it's hard to follow for me. As for the last one, while interesting, sounds like a rather large thing for me to try and read, without having finished the series at least.

2. Good. Velka just seems more magical to me. Perhaps I just like the letter V though. Wiki seems a bit small, but I can work on that. Velka magic does indeed specialize in close to midrange at best, so I'll need to think along those lines. A weapon will have to be my first goal, although what it will be, I'm not sure. Shame that the weapons I primarily like are already in use, by canon characters, no less.

As for why Velka still exists, I'd say some of my ideas on the idea, but it mainly revolves around the fact that magical combat is a bit different from our style of combat.

3. Well, that much I know. I like fighting more along the lines of Nanoha and Cardcaptors, another anime which has similar feels to it's fighting I feel. Fantastic, but it doesn't feel overpowered. What I'm looking for, I'll need to think about.

Thanks for the fast response. And thanks for the other response. The nutshell post was what I had gotten, but it's always nice to have more support. I always feel I think something really different from what is going on.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote