View Single Post
Old 2009-09-19, 18:30   Link #1101
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Most of the material in Sigh(s) is never elaborated up on again. I honestly think Tanigawa wanted to divorce the book.
That's poor writing then, frankly. Novel 2 clearly sets up Itsuki, Mikuru, and Yuki as being somewhat adversarial with one another. If that's never explored again, it's a nasty hanging plot thread.

Quote:

Itsuki isn't getting more "screen" time because a) No one in Japan who buys these books wants to read about a guy,
... The main character and narrator is a guy, Kaisos. So obviously, people in Japan who reads these books are quite open to reading about a guy.

Quote:
b) He's the Mysterious Transfer Student, emphasis on "Mysterious",
There comes a point when that gets old and you should develop him as a character... unless you have a twist planned for him, of course.

Quote:
and c) Read Vols. 7-9, there are actual antagonists introduced.
I'm aware of that. This doesn't make a heel turn impossible.

Quote:
Koizumi won't be betraying anyone anytime soon.
We'll see.

Quote:
No. It really isn't.
You're wrong. TTGL is very upbeat. The main characters of this anime are all incredibly upbeat characters. They consistently overcome astoundingly difficult odds in battle, which reflects the upbeat nature of this anime.

This is more than idealistic - this is downright upbeat.

Quote:
It's idealistic, but not upbeat. That's a very different thing.

Even from the beginning, it was not upbeat. It pretended to be, but it really wasn't.
That's just your take, Kaisos. Nothing more. A lot of very knowledgeable diehard TTGL fans completely disagree with it.

Quote:

And if you're saying Simon should have
Spoiler for bleh:
then you're missing the point of what a lot of the final conflict was about.
No, I'm not. I just don't see it the way that you do.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2009-09-20 at 12:44.