View Single Post
Old 2012-01-12, 18:05   Link #38
itachi-san314

Yea, I have to agree with the point Ulquiorra raised about the initial intention of the naruto character contrasted with what we now know. it's such a glaring difference between the old and current stories. in the original, I was always under the assumption that naruto was sort of the reincarnation, so to speak, of the 4th. I knew they were alive at the same time so not an actual reincarnation. more like the will of fire continuing on with great and similar konoha ninjas. any resemblances could be chalked up to how gai and lee look so much alike yet they are not related. I thought that was going to be a theme actually... but yea, to have it turn out that naruto had everything handed to him through genetics is very disappointing in light of the first series and what it conveyed about his character's struggles. him being neglected and shunned doesn't make much sense anymore. even for a jinchuuriki, he was too isolated given all this current knowledge. he's no longer an underdog and that's a very big problem for his character since it is so conflicting with how we used to feel when he won a battle or changed someone's mind. now it's like he has all the answers and its not as satisfying when he overcomes the "impossible"
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote