View Single Post
Old 2012-03-22, 09:33   Link #86
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Thanks, now I just remembered that subtle melancholic taste I felt. But again, with Hanasaku Iroha I lost interest along the way. BTW a second season is coming, am I wrong?
Yep. There is indeed a second season.

Quote:
All in all I guess I can say, even without the last episode, that Another is the only title, along with True Tears, that stand out among their works. I don't know if I would add Hanasaku Iroha to the list.
Agreed. Another is probably PA's 2nd best work after True Tears, even after the episode 11 debacle lol. Hanasaku Iroha is probably a bit too flawed to enter a "hall of fame" by any means, but that doesn't mean I didn't love it. I have a funny reaction timeline that I posted in another thread .

Quote:
I agree with you on AB even if I wouldn't compare it with GC. At least GC was able to correct itself starting with the second cour, not completely I know. It is even true that I'm *a bit* biased on GC because it hits all my soft spots so my judgment of it is not worth much Surely, and in this case my word is used right, the godly BGM helped the series to soften many flaws it has.
I won't bash GC since there's already PLENTY of haters out there lol. But I do have to have to say that AB and GC do share the common disappointment in that they both had great concepts and ideas (and the big budget) but not the direction and execution to back it up . Both could have been epic classics if done right. Agreed that GC's OST is godly though. Best thing I've heard in 2 years - even better than the Madoka OST last year. Sawano also did the Ao no Exoricst and Gundam Unicorn OSTs as well which are also stellar if you want to listen to those.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-03-22 at 10:09.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote