View Single Post
Old 2010-10-29, 02:06   Link #110
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I have no clue what that Endless Eight is supposed to be but looking at the comments doesn't even make me want to google it.

Anyway, can't wait for next episode, it can't come fast enough looking at the arguments here.
It's a shame that that is your impression, though you're not to blame for how that reference is being depicted.

I hold a minority opinion, but I think that much more than it being a simple gimmick, adapting a single chapter into a series arc that spanned 8 episodes
Spoiler:
was one heck of an intense ride!

It's as if these geeky nerds have never played the same games with limited variations to game play and other aspects over and over again, or watched a movie or series scores of times simply because they loved it that much. And yet with each of the 8 episodes KyoAni goes through loving care to give attention to details in the variances to each recurrence, with tension rising every week as we await the resolution to which yukata
Spoiler:
are the key indicators that we're there.

So you can see that even were you to agree with the majority that such an adaptation is a futile exercise, to suggest that the sense of dread, should you fall into that majority who felt that way, of watching these 8 episodes is to a great degree comparable to that of watching this episode which was very amusing is non-sense! Apples and oranges at least are both fruits.

Last edited by khryoleoz; 2010-10-29 at 02:22.