View Single Post
Old 2006-03-12, 15:01   Link #58
Evanescent Dreamer
Different and proud of it

[QUOTE=daimond]One Piece is a looooong series of books and movies. But unlike some others like Inuyasha or Dragonball, One Piece is the only long series that still has development and mystery. It's not just the same old same old even after all this time. Still feels to me like the episodes are under the hundreds. But yeah, I was thinking why and I think it has to be all the mysteries. The big ones, not just the obvious ones. So I thought a count of all the things we still need to know before the series end would be interesting. A lot of them are probably related.

* What the heck is one piece
* WHO THE HELL IS MONKEY D. LUFFY!!!!??? the guy drifts by in a barrel and there the story starts. Where's he come from, why does he aim for a pirate. It took forever to find out he had a brother.
* WHO SAVED LUFFY WHEN HE WAS ABOUT TO GET DECAPITATED??? I'd almost forgotten before I started counting. But it was some guy that could control the weather, not just lightning because we've met the lightning fruit eater. Smoker asks though, why did whoever save Luffy when Buggy was about to cut his head off. I mite be wrong about this but it was made pretty clear that it was someone, not destiny or wutever.
QUOTE]

* ONE PIECE is the biggest treasure in the world and the most exspensive
* MONKEY D. LUFFY is the main character. Ill explain why he aims for the pirate life. Shanks is the captain of the Red-Haired Pirate crew. Shanks arrived on a small village and decided to stay for a while. He was admired by Monkey D. Luffy, a boy from the village.
Shanks refused to take Luffy as one of his pirate crew, because he knew that Luffy couldn't swim very well. To become a pirate crew member of Shanks, Luffy trained hard so that he could swim.

One day, Luffy tried to show everyone that he was worthy to be a pirate by carrying a knife. Everyone laughed and reckoned he was joking. But he wasn't and to proove how serious he was Luffy took the knife and cut himself under his left eye infront of everyone (thus the origin behind the scar under his left eye)But this action of his did not change Shanks' mind. One Day a group of mountain bandits came to a bar and asked for beer, only Shanks and his crew drank it all. Shanks offered the bandits' leader a clean, unopened bottle, only to have it smashed on his head. But despite this abuse, Shanks didn't seem to be mad, but rather helped the bartender clean up the mess. Luffy was mad about Shanks' refusal to fight back and accidently ate the GumGum fruit, much to his hero's displeasure.

Luffy managed to find the bandits and demanded them to apologize to Shanks, only to make their boss angry and tried to teach Luffy a lesson. But Shanks showed up and drew the line, that he's fine with being abused but attacking little kids is unforgivable. As his crew dealt with the bandits, the bandit leader took Luffy to the coast and threw him in the water as a Seaking (a monstrous Moray-like creature) ate the bandit and was about to do the same to Luffy.

But Shanks rescued Luffy from the monstrous beast, at the cost of his left arm, and frightened the Seaking away with his scowl. Shanks decided to leave the village. But when he was leaving Luffy said, " I'm going to get One Piece and become King of the Pirates!" (now remember luffy was only seven at this time but this was after Gold D. Roger was killed by the Marines.) Shanks gave Luffy his precious hat, the trademark of the Red-Haired Pirates and said, " Then I give you my precious hat, and someday you will return it to me as an oustanding pirate. It's a promise, ok?" Luffy agreed to the promise. That is why his dream of becoming king of the pirates and Shanks' hat is so precious to him.

*Since you said that the rescuer had more than just the power of lightning That would make Luffy's rescuer Dragon. He has the ability to control the weather which would hint that there is a legendary cursed fruit that allows him to do so. He saves Luffy because he said to Captian Smoker that he doesnt want anyone to stop Luffy from fulfilling his destiny.

That is all i currently know. Im sorry that i could not help you with the other mysteries.