View Single Post
Old 2010-05-02, 13:40   Link #219
descent87

Great thread so far, love reading most of the discussion here.

I am personally not as mad as some people with regards to the Yuri and the SSS because of just how little understanding there still is of the secrets behind there situation. In someways both Yuri and Tenshi were guilty of this, but yes personally I do side with Kanade alot more because she is so much less annoying and much more appealing than Yuri and her antics.

Yuri's self-awareness of just how wrong they were with regards to Kanade was rather redeeming to me however and if her behavior somewhat changes from now on it will be more appealing to me, she was very solemn at the end of this episode. And lets not forget the SSS are not solely driven by the desire to cause ruckus and bully poor Tenshi (as angry as it makes me) they have that whole unfair death and unexplained afterlife thing eating at them too, some irrational behavior is expected.

While I loved all the comedy in the episode perhaps my favorite part was actually seeing Angel play along in one of the gags herself. The "So the might actually be more than three Hinatas....discomforting" comment was EPIC and she worked rather perfectly in the passively funny role.

Question: I am not too experienced an anime watcher, where did Otonashi's quote about Hinata, the "the me of today might not be same as the me of tomorrow" thing make reference to? I was a little lost there, Thanks.