View Single Post
Old 2011-06-21, 21:11   Link #1820
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
I expect the part-time soldier makes a surprise attack.
Well, Suzahu is interesting. One expects her to be similar to John Titor (and I'm 90% sure she's not John Titor himself due to the timeline of events in Episode One) in wanting to prevent the future she's from, and yet we also see her holding herself back from hurting or killing Kurisu despite apparently really wanting to do something to her (though she's also one of the two prime suspects as far as I'm concerned for Kurisu's death in episode one; though I'm painfully aware that the actual murderer could easily never have been shown and the Okarin scream and Suzahu sightings are just misdirection).

This would seem to indicate she's trying hard NOT to change time. Could she REALLY have gone back in time just to meet her father, and be totally innocent of any other motive? It would seem like an incredibly....silly reason to time travel and possibly change the future via the butterfly effect....but again, she's also seemed reluctant to take actions that might change the future...so who knows.

In fact, I take her breaking down and loosing control to speak out against Kurisu as a sign that whatever Kurisu ended up doing in Suzahu's past must have been pretty darn awful. I am, however, going to cut Kurisu some slack here, and assume two things:

1) It wasn't really intentional. I just don't think Kurisu is some evil mastermind hiding behind her "@chan" Tusendere personality.

2) Linked to her father. I thought the whole "I know who she REALLY is" line to be indicative that the setting and context of Kurisu in Suzahu's past must be quite different from the Kurisu of present, and with all the build up concerning Kurisu's father...well, just a guess. In fact, if her father ends up being a part of SERN, it's not hard to see a path for where Kurisu ends up working for them at this point is it?
creb is offline   Reply With Quote