Thread: School in Japan
View Single Post
Old 2009-03-28, 15:03   Link #70
TensaZangetsu72

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
well.. technically speaking, you cant really memorize the square root of two

well, if what you know is from anime, youll find a few of your questions are answered in anime itself ( though im extremely skeptical on how realistically they portray actual school life.) anyways, heres what you can pick up from anime -

normally, teachers move into classrooms, rather than students moving to different classes, well for the most part of their schooling atleast.

secondly, yes, the majority of schools do have uniforms. its like that in a lot of the world ( all of south asia for example).

There is course/stream specialization at high school level.

They already have a mandatory second language to learn, english. and i tink its unreasonable to expect them all to learn a third language as well dont you think? ( not to say that people dont... )

I draw a lot of parallells from the schooling system that i graduated from. It also makes me wish that I graduated from an IB or American system sometimes. oh well. Ill post some real facts about the schooling system later
that's like learning about school life from watching "The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy"....
TensaZangetsu72 is offline   Reply With Quote