View Single Post
Old 2008-02-06, 14:26   Link #309
Kabitzin
1/3 of the Sea Slugs Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
As a Heat fan I am completely ecstatic that Riley was able to move Shaq for Marion+Banks. In trying this desperate roll of the dice Steve Kerr just helped the Heat from having 2-3 years of complete mediocrity and possibly losing Wade once his contract was up.
This trade makes a lot of sense for the Heat of course, but I was pretty puzzled about why the Suns would make this trade. I guess here are the things they are hoping for:

- Marion was going to bolt anyway, and was too much of an emo baby to play with Amare. Kerr figures Diaw will make up for most of the production and Shaq will be useful in the playoffs.

- Shaq will take less wear and tear when surrounded by shooters, and possibly get in better shape as the season goes on.

- Shaq has always been a decent passer, so the threat of Shaq in the middle may open things up even more for the Suns.

This seems to be a lot of ifs, but even though Shaq is expensive, there are only 2 years remaining. I guess Kerr felt it was time to do something drastic. Who knows, everyone looks pretty awesome when they play with Nash.
Kabitzin is offline   Reply With Quote