View Single Post
Old 2012-09-01, 14:40   Link #28
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Color me absolutely not surprised by this episode: I was actually wondering why Kirito put more emphasis on "same sword" for Dark Repulser, but dismissed that he would dual wield, considering it didn't seem to be a trump card (I guess the studio goofed up, since a thug in Episode 4 was dual wielding axes, and Kirito insisted that "dual wielding" (not specifically swords) is unique).
I'm pretty sure he said "same sword, or better". I don't remember him placing emphasis on either "same" or "better", but I'd have to re-watch the episode to confirm that. For what it's worth in the light novels he said: "How about a sword with a similar or better quality than this one".

As for whether or not that was a goof up.. it's hard to say for sure. It's possible to dual wield, but the sword skills aren't meant to work as they should unless the person trying to use them has the required skill (Dual Wield in this case). That thug seemed to swing at Kirito one axe at a time, too. Of course, he could just have the unique skill required for dual wielding axes, but I really doubt that was the case. As Utsuro no Hako pointed out, most of us (myself included) agreed that the animators screwed up.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote