View Single Post
Old 2009-09-25, 22:40   Link #857
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
These two also pissed me off. Although the red truth is unquestionable. There was no way for Erika to confirm this. At best she could have confirmed that they didn't enter the cousin room (since she kept guard all night), but no more than that.

Her seals couldn't possibly help her in this case. By her own words, she never left her room until Battler screamed. And Battler woke up late. Gohda and Kumasawa at that time were already at the mansion preparing breakfast. When Erika went to check the seals, they had to be already broken.
Those lines bugged me too, but for a different reason. According to Erika, she sealed everyone in their rooms, so they shouldn't have been able to leave until morning when she checked the integrity of the seals. In the case of Nanjo, Bernkastel said that after 3am, he didn't leave his room until morning. Why did she use less restrictive red for Kumasawa and Gohda? If Erika's seals were really effective, she should have been able to confine both of them to their rooms too.

Looking back at everything that was said in red about seals...

Quote:
- Your seals and the red truth are perfect.
- At 1am, Eva placed a seal on the Genji's waiting room, and it was broken by Kanon and Kumasawa when the incident was discovered the next morning.
- The first ones to leave the dining room during the break at 1am were Rosa and Eva. Until Eva returned, everyone in the dining room remained there. After seeing Rosa off, Eva went to the waiting room and placed her seal. Naturally, at this point she did not enter the room at all.
- As a result, the integrity of the seals is assured. Miss Erika's seals cannot be broken or deceived by anyone!
- Eva's and Miss Erika's seals are the same. This method of sealing was invented after dinner by Miss Erika and Eva together, after all.
- I affirm that it is impossible to remove any of the seals without leaving a trace.
- There were no suspicious traces on the seals…!
- Absolutely no methods were used to interfere with the function of Erika and Eva's seals, such as peeling them off.
Based on the red we know that Erika has to have placed at least some seals, but none of it says anything about where she placed them. The only seal whose existence is confirmed in red is the one that Eva placed on the waiting room in the mansion. Not only that, but we never even once saw one of Erika's seals from any point of view, let alone hers. Given that there's no way she had time to place seals on the guesthouse windows, isn't it possible that many of these seals were actually outright lies, whose only purpose was to give Bernkastel a false basis to introduce red truth to the trial?

EDIT: Damn, I missed one. Miss Erika has sealed all of the means of entry. Guess that theory's out for the window seals, at least. However, that still doesn't explain the discrepancy with the internal seals.

Last edited by LyricalAura; 2009-09-26 at 01:39.