View Single Post
Old 2010-09-05, 19:09   Link #19
achirist

I didn't find the film that bad. It was sort of a letdown for a few minutes at the end when the seemingly life-or-death tension was abandoned and it seemed small change was harnessed instead. However, the end solution, which was; cooperatives and communes instead of the traditional hierarchical competitive business model, is one I liked. If Tak had become prime minister, he could have done this on a larger scale, and accomplished other things like getting the u.s. military bases out of japan, and stopping whale/dolphin slaughter, etc. Surely he could have worked with existing social movements to do so--it doesn't have to all be top down, and some problems do immediate, definition results. You can prove ideas if you are willing to look at global, and not just national, results. I'm glad Mononobe lost; he was rather disturbing and empty, hateful.

I guess the scene at the end when he tracks down Mr. Outside (also his father) means he is planning to harness the rest of the old fool's money for good.

Last edited by achirist; 2010-09-05 at 19:23.
achirist is offline   Reply With Quote