View Single Post
Old 2011-02-05, 02:55   Link #37
Destinyblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by antigone View Post
And to the one mentioning that Tatami and Eden won awards. Don't forget gundam Seed won an award as well and we know how good it was *sarcasm*

Awards are overrated.
Again, perceived quality of a show and ratings don't usually match. That's true for both Japan and America. Heck, it's true for the entire world.

I would agree with your little sarcasm for SEED Destiny, though I thought SEED was done very well and remains one of my more enjoyable animes. Of course, everyone's opinion will be different (especially for those who watched the original, since SEED pretty much copied the original's storyline at the beginning).

If the ratings do continue like this, hopefully the worst that happens is that Fuji retracts it back to just the one 30 minute timeslot and not cancel it completely. Although I haven't watched a lot of NoitaminA shows, it's still a lot better than most of the typical late night ones that center around cute girls, harems, and all sorts of fanservice as its main draw. At least this block tries to bring in interesting ideas, ideas that you may not even think about until you see a show on there.

BTW, I wonder why Fuji TV combines the ratings when they have an hour block of anime. They did the same thing when KochiKame and One Piece were Anime7. To make sure that both shows get the same amount of sponsor money?
Destinyblade is offline   Reply With Quote