Thread: Crunchyroll Aiura
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-16, 18:19   Link #52
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
I just wonder if it's better to watch 3min each time or to gather them all up and have a very nice 30min "episode" at the end of this season
That might just be the thing to do. So far, each "episode," at roughly two and of half minutes of actual animation, doesn't seem to have enough content to really be considered a stand-alone episode.

Don't get me wrong. I like it so far, but it's too darn short. The slow pace of the episodes is too slow for an anime that's only three and a half minutes long. Teekyu is a good example of how to do it (if you can keep up with the rapid-fire dialog). Boku no Imouto wa Osaka Okan is a better example at 30 seconds shorter per episode than Aiura, but with a lot more happening, and a thirty second ED that changes every episode.

But probably the best short anime that I've seen, in so far as actually telling an individual story every episode, is High Score at only three minutes per episode, including the same 30 second ED each time. Each episode of High Score tells a stand-alone story in two and a half minutes, no one episode being dependent on another episode to either understand or enjoy each episode. Granted, the series is not everyone's cup of tea, but, of course, neither is Aiura.

Each episode of Aiura is more like a two and a half minute clip you'd see on youtube, cut from a full, 24 minute episode.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote