View Single Post
Old 2012-09-24, 01:18   Link #89
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Hmmm another thought occured to me. I can't help but feel that this final episode would work better if it ended after Flit stopped the Second Moon from falling and just cut Zera Grins and Sid out of the story altogether. All it feels like he's there to do is serve as a final boss fight so that they can have one in the episode. Nice as it looks it's ultimately completely pointless and Ezelcant just ends up making no sense as a character to me and just looks totally contradictory about what he's trying to do. I can only take his words this episode as those of a dying madman's self-justifying incoherent ramblings thinking his son is there again. There's honestly no way they could have intended that to serve as anything other than an ironic final scene for a complete madman. At least I hope....I mean they were playing the sad music....though maybe that's for the common Vagan people finally being released from his delusion driven war that nearly wiped them all out this episode. These are the common Vagan people who we really get a look at for the first time. Maybe if we saw more of these people and less of the loonies that end up representing them there would be more feeling of drive behind Kio's obsessive quest to save them from their own stupidity.

Heck maybe if we'd seen more of that Falk guy earlier there might have been someone Kio could try to talk too. I mean he seemed like about the only one of them who realized how badly they'd fucked everything up by following Zeheart and Ezelcant into their mad war driven conquest. Anyway I could talk about so much more but I'll leave it at that for now.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote