View Single Post
Old 2011-10-19, 20:10   Link #1891
ginran
~Smile~

Honestly, what this seems like to me more and more on this thread recently is that we aren't allowed to have our own opinions about Shirley without being told they are wrong. I don't mean to be rude...but I really can't understand why people feel the need to come to this thread for a character they dislike so much just to tell us why we shouldn't like her/her with Lelouch. :/ You can have your own opinions, but there really isn't anything to be gained out of telling us our views on the character and her importance to the story/Lelouch aren’t right in a way that makes her seem like one of the most awful creations in anime. All this seems like is "Shirley was not a nice girl, she was nowhere near as good a character as the rest of the cast, she didn't have a genuine love for Lelouch, etc." Personally, I don't go onto the Kallen thread looking to shoot down people's thoughts or argue her place in the story. I may have some unpopular views on shipping her, but I try to be as respectful as possible. (Only using that thread since she was the last character compared to Shirley in this conversation, I don't have any problems with her.)

Sol stated exactly what Shirley's love for Lelouch was, and it was presented that way in the show. Actually there was an episode where they showed a bit of where/when her feelings started to develop and what those feelings were/became. I won't comment on any other characters love for him to avoid shipping wars, but I can say Shirley's were 100% pure, and I think the writers tried to make that as clear as possible.

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote