View Single Post
Old 2012-08-16, 11:18   Link #30037
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
And where exactly would Yasu have got the idea that Natsuhi tried to kill her from?
Didn't Nanjo, Genji and Kumasawa told her what happened to her? That she 'fell' from a cliff and was saved? [Ep 7 Teaparty] and didn't Ep 5 showed that she deemed Natsuhi responsible?
And after all they must have given her some explanations on how they knew she was Kinzo's daughter (or son) but they never returned her to him. It's either telling her: we were afraid your dad would rape you or the wife of your stepbrother might have attempted to kill you once.

Sure, there's no proof Natsuhi really attempted to kill her (unless actually when Genji arrived the maid was still alive and said 'the mistress pushed me' before dying) but since they tried to keep Yasu's presence hidden from Natsuhi as well they likely didn't trust her much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
The bottom line is I think you and Renall are trying too much to find individual reasons for Yasu to kill people when it is evident that it's Battler's return that caused her to get to that decision. In other words she would have done the same with any people that happened to be on that island simply because they were there. I think that whenever it was said that the victims were chosen by fate it was actually true. She didn't care who, she just needed people to die to create her mystery. Her motive has absolutely nothing to do with anything she might have against those who happened to be her victims.

Killing them is a mean to an end, not her purpose.

And yes, that means she's a sociopath, but I can't really see how you can dodge that.
I don't know about Renall but I wouldn't be so interested in her motive, hadn't motive be a big theme in Umineko.

In other mysteries I'm perfectly fine with people killing for money, revenge, sociopathy, whatever.

Umineko however ranted so much about the heart that either there's one or I'm going to be disappointed. I'm supposed to feel sympathy for Yasu, to 'understand her'. If she's just a sociopath I don't think I can.

I'm searching for Yasu a motive that's more than that, that's more than 'she couldn't deal with the fact that her childhood crush had some serious family issues and therefore didn't come back to see if she wanted him to pick her up, never mention he would have been 13 only'.

Hell, Rosa was dumped after being made pregnant and being asked to pay for a lot of money and through she's not managing well she's still not going on a murdering rampage.

Kyrie lost the man she loved/obsessed over and the child she was about to have from him was a stillborn (or so she thought) and likely she might have ruined her reputation among her family who wasn't exactly nice. Plus it's probable for a while Rudolf also tried to cut relations and even though Kyrie thought about killing, her target was only Asumu.

Yasu let her drama grow out of proportions and her solution won't bring any gain for her (if Kyrie kills asumu and doesn't get caught she might get Rudolf... if Yasu kills everyone, herslef and Battler included she gets nothing).

After being told I've have to understand Yasu's heart, if PieceYasu's heart is this one (and Will talked with PieceYasu), well, it really wasn't worth the effort.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote