View Single Post
Old 2012-09-04, 11:50   Link #311
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent86 View Post
The main problem with the new official story being true would be that it turns Ichiki from a victim to a willing co-conspirator. And he's already denied being in the know on his blog.
The issue is only when he knew what and what he was under order/contract to say, particularly considering they were trying to keep the fact he really did get a role a secret to be revealed at the end of the PR campaign.

His statement implied that he didn't know at the time that he was being hired for the PR job, but accepted the job subsequent to the offer. But he never said whether or not he knew that he really was going to get a role in the anime in the fourth act, because they were keeping that a secret from the fans (even amidst this controversy) until just now. It's conceivable that what he said before was the truth, but was not the entire truth (because he was ordered to keep certain things a secret to not ruin the surprise).

I, for one, still believe that -- if anything is different from the official story -- a more likely explanation all along was that some people weren't given all the details of the plan (whether rightly or wrongly), as I can think of no credible motivation on the production committee level to do this unless it's part of the PR master plan -- however inadvisable that PR plan was. Just making fun of someone by itself makes no sense, but tying to a revelation later that the PR lead was actually getting a job after all make sense (spurned -> hard work -> reward).

But in either case, it's not like anything I or anyone says at this point is going to change people's minds. If people believe there was a conspiracy of legitimate wrongdoing here, everything said is just going to seem like one more layer in the cover-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Just own up and pretend you're sincerely sorry, even if you're not - is it really so hard?
I'm not sure how you can say this in light of the most recent statement. Are they not owning up and apologizing?

But like I said, nothing anyone can say...