View Single Post
Old 2008-05-28, 19:21   Link #1301
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Huzawha? I'm sorry, but there's one glaring mistake in this sentence, and that's that almost anybody joins the military because they like killing people. You'll be hard-pressed to find any military where this is the case, especially with volunteers. Almost the entire Western world relies on volunteer militaries, but none of them are filled with people who chose to because they get a high when killing others. And I somehow doubt you can make an argument that anyone joins the Britannian army for the prospect of being deliberately selected to carry out death sentences.
In case you are forgetting, I am not talking about just any plain military; I am talking about the Brittanian military. If you are using any standards relating to other fictitious universes, or even real life organizations, then obviously it wouldn't have been the case.

But Brittannia is a completely different beast.

And further, since WHEN did I claim Suzaku like killing people? I merely reject the idea that he dislike the concept. That doesn't mean the reverse is true.

Suzaku does not "enjoy" killing people, but he doesn't mind doing it at all. As long as someone else takes the "moral responsibility" by giving him an order, he will do it.