View Single Post
Old 2012-03-27, 14:17   Link #131
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I think my biggest gripe is the big reveal. I think we should have seen Kou's shock face and then get all of the flashbacks to let us, the viewer, piece it all together before they finally showed Reiko's face. The dramatic effect just wasn't there for me. Maybe I was numb because of losing Izumi like that... I wanted to cry when she died but the anime didn't make it sad enough - and they really could have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The other major issue is the ridiculousness of the deaths. There were so many of them in these two episodes and they were so unbelievable they became downright comical. It's hard to take a horror story seriously when you laugh at each deaths. It didn't bother me too much last week as I thought it was merely a hiccup, but what took place in this episode was the final straw. The pillar death for example was way too hilarious...
The way they all died did lose value. The creativeness was gone and the lead up that made all the others so painful was eliminated. I'm all for the shit hitting the fan, but they let things stray too far from what we were enjoying. Plus, all the time spent showing the other kids took away from the main characters. Should have focused on them more.

Quote:
Despite some bad choices from the anime staff, I can still say I very much enjoyed this series as a whole. I haven't had so much fun speculating about an anime in ages. 2 bad episodes don't erase 10 excellent ones. The journey is truly what mattered most for me in this case, and that journey was wonderful.
That is true. I need to keep this in mind more. I thoroughly enjoyed the first ten episodes but it's just so frustrating to have an ending that doesn't satisfy you... agghh!!