View Single Post
Old 2010-04-13, 02:55   Link #117
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Spoiler for Movie spoiler:
Spoiler for Movie spoiler:

In any case, you shouldn't be quick to say 'plot hole' without thinking on it a bit. I realize my second theory is too much reasoning, only made so Kyon action in the end of the movie don't become pointless, but my first one is pretty reasonable. It was said more then once their objectives is just to observe, no reason to think they will suddenly change their minds (although, Ryouko said it was a possibility).

Quote:
I can't tell you how, but might I suggest taking it like Haruhi takes daily life?
Too much bitter feelings eh? Anyway, I can surely understand Ithekro, you comments outside the spoilers were quite reasonable and well thought, even if I don't agree with some. The rest, however, it is filled with pointless sarcasm and mockery. You took the two scenes most said it was (at last) "great" and called it 'rip-off' and narmy without really explaining why. You should understand why people get annoyed.

Also, they way you wrote it in a fan-filled community was like asking for a fight. Even if you was correct, you should review how do you says something and where.

PP:
Quote:
Which is why I said that it makes no sense to just let her do her own thing unpredictably. If it can why not alter reality a little and work her into a controlled experiment where they can learn about her at an accelerated rate. Keep pressing her into situations like Asakura was going to try to in the first season by killing Kyon and analyze the data.
You fail to understand there is no real need to or that is not what they agree with. As it is obvious, at last some of then think on it, give the whole Asakura incident. However, it was never said they could (or know how) just freely manipulate all the want. They have no rush 'cause they are eternal, so they can just keep watching.

Quote:
And how can the data entity not know what Nagato did if she is supposed to be an extension of it? There's just something incredibly hard to swallow about all of this is what I'm saying. I find it highly doubtful that an entity that is supposed to basically be omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent to the point where it can manipulate the fabric of multidimensional space is somehow unaware of it's own abilities. I think once you reach that point of advancement where you basically transcend time and space you should have a pretty good handle on your own capabilities.
It was never said, or even implied, they can see everything Nagatos do or that she can't hide from them for a moment. Also, I don't remember if it was said in the movie, but I remember that Nagato had been put some restrains after it, so I assume that she was more or less free before the events of the movie. The data Overmind trusted her.

Quote:
Plus if the Data Entity really somehow can't understand what Nagato did as an extension of itself (and I still don't buy that it can't) then it should really give up any hope of ever understanding Haruhi.
Not a real plot hole, you know. I think you are probably right.

Last edited by Heatth; 2010-04-13 at 03:38. Reason: spoilers