View Single Post
Old 2012-03-17, 22:24   Link #28146
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
It may seem cheap, but Yasu's mind is as stable as a Hinamizawa Syndrome victim. She just wants to have a battle of deduction with Battler, but doesn't understand that people can't come back when they are killed.
The problem is that Shannon and Kanon (I'll refer to them both as if they were two people because that's how we were lead to see them on the gameboard) in the gameboard are somewhat aware of the fact that all is a game.

Now, this can mean:

- 'They' aren't just pieces. 'They' are sort of 'self inserted' characters representing the author/gamemaster so 'they' can 'break the 4th wall' and have the knowledge that, even if 'they' kill, 'they' are basically in a story/game. While the piece in that story will be killed... well, the piece himself isn't a real person and can be 'resurrected' in the next game. This cause 'them' a lack of real motive and a lack of need of having a certain coldness to carry out the murders. It's all fiction to 'them'.

- 'They' are mad. Incidentally 'their' madness matches with the meta level.

- 'They' aren't really aware of the meta level and all the scenes in which 'they' seem to be aware of it are fantasy and never really happened in the gameboard (and I think that's very likely as all the scenes I can remember in which they showed meta awareness WERE fantasy). 'They' actually have a real motive for murdering but either it's poorly explained or it's deemed unsatisfing by readers, plus they hid a considerable coldness that was never hinted through the game.
If that's the case they know people won't come back when killed... they just don't care and hope that in the next life/paradise 'they' will be happier.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote