View Single Post
Old 2013-02-21, 06:53   Link #15
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Though for dual, you have to distribute strength for each weapon. With two hands, you can concentrate your strength on one weapon (I guess).
Not true. When you concentrate your strength on one weapon, it usually means you have to use both hands on the weapon, reducing your maneuverability. So after your first blow, you are completely open.

Dual-wielding is a difficult to master fighting technique, because you have to be spatially aware and able to use the concept of offense-defense on each hand, switching the attacking blade and defending blade at will when the situation changes.

Using the concept of Wing Chun Gates system, a simple attack theory can be applied. Using stabs on the inner gate and chops on the outer gate, applying the same concept of attack and defence, there is a very basic swordfighting movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Btw, I'm curious about something. Sometimes in fiction when a character is depicted to be a master of dual wielding, he/she suddenly became significantly weaker when using only one blade. Does this really makes sense? I mean, with the amount of skill needed to master dual wielding, shouldn't he/she have already mastered the normal single wield as well?
That is because you have a bladed weapon for defence. No need to fear grapples or the person is holding a sharp weapon against your unarmed hand. However, it requires more coordination and dexterity than strength - like what many other swordfighting preaches, the blade is nothing more than an extension of your own arm.

You have got two now. What do you do with them?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote