View Single Post
Old 2006-05-05, 20:47   Link #70
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
hard to explain it to you...I've done stuffs like that before(I was a composer during college), lengthening a music by pasting and making variation to various parts with music composing/editing softwares such as Sibelius. Some parts are really rigid and if you hear clearly you can hear a slight change in volume and timbre. That's because the music has been edited, cut apart and pasted together to make a new music.

The subtitle is in english. If it's original it should be in Japanese?
1. Leaving aside all that stuff about timbre etc and just concentrating on the lyrics of the song, my first question to you is: do you understand Japanese? Cos if you do you would have noticed that in the said video there are stanzas of lyrics that do not appear in the tv-sized version of Hare Hare Yukai. I seriously doubt any remixer will have the ability to reproduce exactly the voices of the three seiyuus.

2. Look again at the episode one raw. Kyon's bicycle sequence does have "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" typed out in english underneath it in the raw itself.

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson