View Single Post
Old 2010-11-30, 01:39   Link #158
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDingus View Post
I'd argue against her sweet side being the default. The way I see it is she's only sweet to people whom she either wants something from or can't get away with being mean to. She ranges from indifferent to cold towards Saori and she's openly hostile towards Kuroneko and Kyouske. Who else do we really see her interact with? Her parents? Teachers? The only times we ever see her act sweet is when she's dealing with somebody in a position of power or she wants something. I'm inclined to believe her sweet act is just that, an act.
Well, she's also perfectly friendly and polite to her anti-otaku classmate at the start of the second episode, she's pleasant and giddy when talking to her friend over the phone during the first, and she remains civil to Ayase during their fight in episode five even though her response to finding out Kirino's an otaku is pretty harsh. Hopefully we'll see her interact with some others throughout the last few episodes; my gut feeling is that in general she's probably a pleasant enough person and there needs to be some specific reason to change that, but I'm not going to contest the point because there's not enough material to work with right now to argue either way.

And to clarify in case Triple got the wrong idea, I wasn't trying to condone or excuse the physical abuse in that post of mine; I discard it altogether, actually, on grounds of being slapstick.